2007-09-30

Okay, Tell Me When To...

I really can't say enough good things about Sebastian and Gernot of Modeselektor. Basically, if you haven't gotten Happy Birthday! yet, do so. And if you never got Hello Mom!, then you're way too far behind. Here's almost without a doubt my favorite track on Happy Birtday!.

Modeselektor - Godspeed

So tomorrow is October, and I was hoping to open my October by seeing the one and only Matthew Dear tomorrow, but it's 21+. Luckily for me (and Harry, though he may not be so pumped) is that I'm seeing Matthew now on the last day of October (Studio B Halloween bash).

What else is up for October? Take a gander:

-Digitalism
-Sasha
-Toxic Avenger
-MSTRKRFT
-Justice
-Erol Alkan
-Matthew Dear
-DFA people (Tim Sweeny, Tim Goldsworthy, The Juan Maclean, others).

And those are the only ones that we're definately going to. Possibilities include Paul van Dyk, M.I.A., Marco Carola, Loco Dice and others.

So uh, it's gonna be a hefty month.

Also, head over to Mary Anne Hobbs' Radio 1 show to hear an exclusive mix by Matthew Dear. Skip ahead an hour, and she'll talk about him for a bit and then the mix will start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looooooove Modeselektors Godspeed so much I looked all over to get the download I want to thank you so much 4 it !!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR BLOG ROCKS!!!!!